Communications planning and issues management can be challenging for emergency preparedness, since the public expects government to maintain a high standard for public safety in a highly unpredictable environment. In 2013, I produced this info bulletin for Alberta Emergency Alert, one of my Municipal Affairs client area.
Here is a sampling of the media coverage still accessible online:
- CBC: Alberta’s emergency broadcast system gets new voice
- Country95: Alberta Emergency Alert launches new voice for warning system
- AIR 106.1: Alberta Emergency Alerts will soon be easier to hear
- Gateway Gazette: New voice technology for Alberta Emergency Alert
- B93.3: Alberta Emergency Alert launches new voice for warning system